The Original Cardio-Poussette: Often Imitated, but Never Equalled
With the support and collaboration of specialized doctors from Sainte-Justine Hospital and experts in maternal health, Cardio Plein Air has created Cardio-Poussette, a program whose main concern is the safety of the mother and her baby.
Statistical improvements (%)
How does it work?
Designed for new moms who push their child with a stroller (sled in winter), this cardio and muscle training program includes no jumping. Recommended by several physiotherapists in pelvic floor rehabilitation, training focuses on postural alignment and targets good abdominal exercises. In addition, our post-natal coaches check for diastasis.
Babies must be at least 2 weeks old (childbirth without complications) or 6 to 8 weeks (cesarean delivery or childbirth with complications), until about 12 months of age.
- Exercise mat
- Elastic band
- Stroller or carriage
- Sled (in winter)
- Promotes loss of excess weight gained in pregnancy
- Increases energy levels
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduces the duration and intensity of post-partum depression
- Decreases back pain by improving postural alignment
- Minimizes incontinence through pelvic floor toning exercises
- Contributes to the development of new friendships and exchanges with other moms
- Eliminates childcare costs